Cloud Systems (Azure/WVD/365)
We provide a complete solution for Windows Virtual Desktop. Whatever stage of deployment you are at, MyManagedTech can provide all you need for a complete Windows Virtual Desktop solution:
• Licensing for Microsoft 365 Business/Enterprise, providing the required Windows and Office licenses*
• An Azure subscription, connected to your corporate Active Directory, or existing Office 365 subscription, for integrated identity and security management.
• Connections to your existing data, applications, databases and systems – wherever they are located.
• A Windows desktop that runs your user applications, in an environment that they are used to – as Windows 7/10 or Server 2012/2016
• Data migrations to Azure, if required.
• Printer and scanner support.
• Integration with voice/video for Teams/Skype for Business, and other VOIP solutions.
• Full support for the solution deployment and any integrations needed.
• Post implementation, ongoing support for Azure infrastructure, users and applications.
What do users need to Access Windows Virtual Desktop?
• A Microsoft license with VDI rights – Microsoft 365 or Windows 10 Enterprise are the most common
• An Azure Active Directory Account, also known as a Microsoft Work Account – if they have Office 365, they have one of these.
• A device with a modern browser – e.g. Chrome, Edge or Firefox.
• A URL – https://rdweb.wvd.microsoft.com/
Users can be up and running in minutes, making this an ideal solution for disaster recovery contingency – you only pay for the infrastructure while it’s in-use.
Which clients are available?
Although the full desktop experience is possible in a browser, for some functionality, e.g. printer and voice/video integration, a rich client is required:
• For Windows and MacOS based clients, there is a WVD client available for download and deployment via group policy/Intune. This is integrated with Azure Active Directory, and provides single-sign-on capabilities.
• The Windows store remote desktop app also provides hardware integration.
• For Android clients, there is a WVD app in the Google play store.
• For iOS, there is a WVD app in the Apple app store.
Note: because WVD on Azure does not use the share a gateway protocol with Remote Desktop Services, the built-in Windows RDS client cannot be used.
Is this a secure solution?
Virtual desktops represent one of the most secure ways of enabling users to work remotely:
• The desktop itself runs within the Azure datacenters, which are some of the most secure locations on the anywhere
• The initial authentication occurs with Azure active directory, which is Microsoft’s most secure authentication system. It can be enhanced with multi-factor authentication and conditional access.
• The user authenticates with their nearest regional gateway (for speed), however the location of the desktop infrastructure is specified by you – e.g. UK, Europe, US, Japan…
• All data in Azure is encrypted in transit and at rest.
*Customers can access Windows Virtual Desktop from their non-Windows Pro endpoints if they have a Microsoft 365 E3/E5/F1, Microsoft 365 A3/A5 or Windows 10 VDA per user license.